Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron(UK) Ron(UK) is offline

Default Oh Dear ...

William Sommerwerck wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
William Sommerwerck wrote:
"James Sweet" wrote
in message news:MTpAj.2364$Mp4.594@trndny02...

Until a few years ago, Mackie equipment was made right here
in Woodinville, WA. They eventually moved production to China
in order to remain competetive. Even some Fluke meters are
now Chinese-made.

I interviewed Mackie about a decade ago. It was nice to see
inexpensive products being made in the US. Mackie employees
seemed to have a good attitude about the company and its products.

I can see there being a problem making budget gear in a high wage
etc economy, but with high end stuff is the labour cost of manufacture
really impossible to absorb? Or is it just a question of maximising

profits
regardless?

At the time I visited, the boards were populated and soldered automatically.
The assembly line did not comprise a huge number of workers.

Mackie gear is not does not enjoy a very good reputation here in the UK
Ron(UK)