Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default PICTURES -- Hydraulic assist for the arbor press

On 9 Mar 2008 04:13:52 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "DoN.
Nichols" quickly quoth:

On 2008-03-08, Ignoramus1775 wrote:

[ ... ]

See pix here.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/misc...raulic-Assist/

It does not seem to be damaging the ratcheting mechanism.

I would be more worried about it shearing off a tooth or two on
the rack gear. That is probably the weakest part of the arrangement.

I'd be worried about cracking that counterweight off the casting by
getting too rambunctious with the little 4T jack. Bets as to when we
see that pic on Iggy's site?

--
The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life,
acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can