Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Electrical question

"Noel" wrote in message
I have florescent light in my bathroom that I would like to replace
with a incandescent fixture. The transformer is attached with 2 wires
( red and blue ) which is going to a toggle switch that turns on the
light. I am confused with the blue wire...I've seen black, white...but
never blue. Why the blue? Does it replace the neutral White? BTW,
there is also a outlet plug next to the toggle switch.

What feeds the juice to the toggle switch?

Black I bet. I think you will need to remove this before you know what you
have.

If this whole mess is not switched on the wall somewhere you may not be able
to install a regular light.
--
Colbyt