Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is it? CCXXII

Stealth Pilot wrote:

no that little camilus is a decent knife. btw my favourite these days
is the swiss army tinker.

the australian army had some abortion of a thing. all soft stainless
steel. two blades, no screwdrivers and a useless fid on the back face.
utter rubbish.

Some of us rode the military shuttle to Fairbanks one day and went to
the one decent sized department store in town to look at knives. The
salesman asked what we already had. One of the guys pulls out his shiny
new Buck knife, and I pulled out my Camilus electrician's knife. He
smiled and said, Nice knife. He reached into the showcase and pulled out
a similar knife, and a 12" long, 1/4" packing bolt from some furniture
shipment and proceeded to shave long thin strands of steel, then asked
the guy if he wanted ot try it with his buck knife. He refused, and
hurried out of the store.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!