Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
JosephKK[_2_] JosephKK[_2_] is offline

Default Privately Operated Prisons

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:36:53 -0500, default
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 08:01:21 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Privately Operated Prisons are common now-a-days.

Maybe a good economical choice would be to locate them in China?

As first prisoners might I suggest the Great American Yellowbellies
who bombed the "military recruiting station" in Times Square this
morning?

Maybe it would teach them a lesson in why America is a great place to
live.

...Jim Thompson

If their experience is that America is a great place to live, they
wouldn't need to be "taught a lesson."

Actually it is not so much that America is not a great place to live,
as it is their unrealistic expectations. So many of them expect to be
able to get the same kind of good jobs that so many hard working
members of society have achieved with doing any of the hard work that
resulted in those good jobs without applying them selves in any way. I
know from cruel experience, my daughter an many of her schoolmates are
that way, in spite of being the best counterexample i could give her.
She was 12 by the time i graduated college and knew it. I made no
secret about the doors that it opened for me.

This isn't some great jihadist conspiracy (although the administration
will spin it that way in order to justify taking away the bill of
rights). This is hardly more than civil disobedience with a little
bit of property damage.

I have no doubt that the over-reaction of the executive will create
more domestic problems than they solve. In fact, the administration
may have to over-react just to show the public that their war on
terror isn't just to gain control of oil fields in Iraq.

The city police will certainly react and fast. This is the most
surveiled spot on the face of the planet . . . if they don't catch him
they will look like idiots. There must be a hundred cameras on Times
Square and many more on any bicycle route to it.

Some comments from the residents of New York City:
http://gothamist.com/2008/03/06/times_square_ex.php

couldn't he have aimed it at TGI Fridays or that mall and done as us a
favor? to bad carson daly's not there anymore..

If an ubiquitous police and military presence around the city can't
defend a military recruiting center in the middle of Times Square in
NYC at its emptiest hour, isn't the conceit of sealing ourselves off
from terrorism an absolute joke?

not a big deal....there is an explosion in Baghdad every few hours,
every day

well, when you're recruiting for an endless offensive war, some people
tend to not like you. what do they really expect?

Are these comments serious? It was an explosion, not a peaceful
protest with signs.

whatever, **** them, they spend their days signing people up to kill
and die. i'm supposed to give a **** about their broken window. go
anonymous guy in the hoodie on a bicycle!

I always suspect the CIA first in these cases. I mean, who's really
going to profit from this incident?

Bloomberg, use your Orwellian cameras!

With MTV Studios right across the street. What a waste of good
explosives.

Maybe the bicycle was a ruse to make it seem like some eco peace love
hairgreasin' peacenik.

I think it was the act of a developer that wants to clear the tiny
spot for a mini-condo. Or another Starbucks.

I love the fact that anything that can be seen as an act of protest
toward the military and/or war is construed as an "attack on the
troops."

hey are not defending me, they are defending US economic interests
while fostering bad will around the world and putting me as an
american citizen in greater danger. at least no one was injured in
this explosion. can't say that about any military incursion ever.
while i don't condone violence that takes a life, i'm fully ok with
demonstrative acts of destruction such as this.

This is a helluva way to ask for more bike lanes. Brothers, stick to
petitions.