Posted to alt.home.repair

Default are there alternatives to tile?

"anubis" wrote in message
Ok long story short:

***
a leak developed in the piping behind the drywall in my bathroom
(underneath) the wall facing the toilet. I had a plumber come in
to the condo apt and smash out three tiles at the bottom to get
welding equiptment in.
*****

I thought about hiring out work to replace the tile (which would
involve two straight/square tiles and one with a hole in it to fit
the cold water shutoff valve

But I would sort of like to leave that hole accessible should more
work EVER need to be done. Is there a substitute for tile other
than what i currently have there (a cardboard covering the hole and
duct tape around it)???

I have heard of "access panels" but dont know where the look or get
these

please advice
thanks

Every access panel would be different depending on all sorts of factors. So,
you make them out of wood, or have someone make one for you, usually out of
wood.