Posted to alt.home.repair

Default are there alternatives to tile?

"anubis" wrote in message
I thought about hiring out work to replace the tile (which would
involve two straight/square tiles and one with a hole in it to fit
the cold water shutoff valve

But I would sort of like to leave that hole accessible should more
work EVER need to be done. Is there a substitute for tile other
than what i currently have there (a cardboard covering the hole and
duct tape around it)???

I have heard of "access panels" but dont know where the look or get
these

Access panel is a good idea. Often they are in the room on the other side of
a bathroom if it is an interior wall. I've never seen one that you can buy,
but rather they are built in when the plumbing and drywall is done. Just a
wood frame and a sheet of 1/4" hardboard or plywood screwed in place.

I had a similar problem with my shower and had to make a hold on the
partition wall next to the vanity. Rather than patch the drywall, I hung a
mirror.