Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Frithiof Andreas Jensen Frithiof Andreas Jensen is offline

Default Oh Dear ...

"Arfa Daily" skrev i en meddelelse
news
What have we done ?

Yesterday, a Vox passed across my bench. What did the plate on the back
say ?

"BUILT BY VOX MANUFACTURING CHINA UNDER THE DIRECTION OF VOX R&D ENGLAND"

Vox Manufacturing China ???? Is nothing sacred any more ?

I have to say that it wasn't too badly built, but when staunchly British
companies with a fame level like Vox start shifting their manufacturing
operations to China, then I reckon that the Western world is finished in
electronics construction, the same as it now seems to be in just about
every other 'practical' field ...

The good thing is that Peak Food is arriving just about NOW with China,
Vietnam, India Argentina, Mexico e.t.c. placing export restrictions on
various food items. The it also seems that the old favorite Peak Oil has
already arrived in Saudi Arabia; the Saudi's keep increasing the reserves
yet they cannot pump more oil (possibly because whatever they have left is
more like tar than oil). This will put a crimp on the profits in shipping
stuff across the planet.

The combine of the resulting mess of food riots and topping(!) of
middle-eastern governments will be The End of "Globalisation" and we
engineers can once again get real jobs on (re)-building our own crappy and
dillapidated infrastructure instead of telling a bunch of "foreigners" how
to do our jobs to make cheaper junk for our landfills.