Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Oh Dear ...

Arfa Daily wrote in message
news
What have we done ?

Yesterday, a Vox passed across my bench. What did the plate on the back

say
?

"BUILT BY VOX MANUFACTURING CHINA UNDER THE DIRECTION OF VOX R&D ENGLAND"

Vox Manufacturing China ???? Is nothing sacred any more ?

I have to say that it wasn't too badly built, but when staunchly British
companies with a fame level like Vox start shifting their manufacturing
operations to China, then I reckon that the Western world is finished in
electronics construction, the same as it now seems to be in just about

every
other 'practical' field ...

Arfa

AFAIK the last electronic component manufacturer in Hampshire went belly up
last month - well administration so far.
That is component maker rather than boards etc - Cambridge Capacitors,
Romsey

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England