Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Oh Dear ...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
news
What have we done ?

Yesterday, a Vox passed across my bench. What did the plate on the back
say ?

"BUILT BY VOX MANUFACTURING CHINA UNDER THE DIRECTION OF VOX R&D ENGLAND"

Vox Manufacturing China ???? Is nothing sacred any more ?

I have to say that it wasn't too badly built, but when staunchly British
companies with a fame level like Vox start shifting their manufacturing
operations to China, then I reckon that the Western world is finished in
electronics construction, the same as it now seems to be in just about
every other 'practical' field ...

Arfa

Until a few years ago, Mackie equipment was made right here in Woodinville,
WA. They eventually moved production to China in order to remain
competetive. Even some Fluke meters are now Chinese made.