Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default OK, now I like the soft start.

Robert Allison wrote in news:OKnAj.81$Qy3.17
@trnddc03:

I had been using my portercable router on a routing table and had
to take it to a jobsite to do a couple of things. When I went to
use it, I had set it on a worktable and bent down to plug the
cord into the wall socket behind the table. When I plugged it
in, it was on. It started up (soft start) and stayed right where
it was, not falling onto my head with the 3/4" dado bit in it,
without the base.

I always thought the soft start was nice, but now I find that I
just love it for some reason.

Important lesson: Turn it off before unplugging it! (Then, check the
power switch before you plug it back in.) I've had a couple devices that
don't get shut off before being unplugged, and shocking* things have
happened.

*I'm using the word "shocking" here to mean both static electric shock
and surprising.

I like to get ready to make a cut or something, turn the device on and
watch it not start up before shutting it off and plugging it in. If it
turns on without power (including battery), then I *know* it's possessed.

Puckdropper
marching band.