Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default simple electrical question

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 13:20:03 -0800 (PST), RedDwarf
wrote:

Hi folks,
In our office - we have an electrical outlet (large 3 prong
electricians just installed). It is supposed to be 208 Volts...

we were having some problems with our equipment, so I ran a multimeter
on it - and when I hook up the hot and neutral to the meter (analog
type), I get the correct reading of 210volts +/-.

when I connect to the hot and the GROUND I get 120 volts... is that
correct, or does the electrician need to come back out? I thought hot
and ground should also produce the 210 volt reading...

Thanks in advance!

- Jay

Where are you getting large 3 prong electricians?