Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Oh Dear ...

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
I think the *actual* question is what USED to be more English than
Wharfedale? The name was sold years ago and it's now just a badge name
for any piece of (s)crap. There is a very great deal of that now, which
just plays on what were 'household names' to my generation, and my
parent's generation. I still know many people who would automatically
say "Oh Wharfedale ! That's a good make ... My dad used to have
Wharfedale speakers " and so on. OTOH, Vox still is a British company
with an - up to now anyway - uninterupted presence and manufacturing
legacy in the UK, since they were founded.

Quad had an unsurpassed reputation for UK made Hi-Fi - both for
performance and service. Chinese owned now.

--
*Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.