Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Oh Dear ...

"BH" wrote in message
On Mar 7, 4:13 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
What have we done ?

Yesterday, a Vox passed across my bench. What did the plate on the back
say
?

"BUILT BY VOX MANUFACTURING CHINA UNDER THE DIRECTION OF VOX R&D ENGLAND"

Vox Manufacturing China ???? Is nothing sacred any more ?

I have to say that it wasn't too badly built, but when staunchly British
companies with a fame level like Vox start shifting their manufacturing
operations to China, then I reckon that the Western world is finished in
electronics construction, the same as it now seems to be in just about
every
other 'practical' field ...

Arfa

Hello:

What is more English than Wharfedale and they have been in China for
years now. Too,too bad.

Bruce

I think the *actual* question is what USED to be more English than
Wharfedale? The name was sold years ago and it's now just a badge name for
any piece of (s)crap. There is a very great deal of that now, which just
plays on what were 'household names' to my generation, and my parent's
generation. I still know many people who would automatically say "Oh
Wharfedale ! That's a good make ... My dad used to have Wharfedale speakers
" and so on. OTOH, Vox still is a British company with an - up to now
anyway - uninterupted presence and manufacturing legacy in the UK, since
they were founded.

I find it very sad that 'globalisation' has led to this situation, both
here, and in the good old U.S. of A

Arfa