Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default What is it? CCXXII

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Lee Michaels wrote:

"DanG" wrote

1239 is an early model of can opener. It always amazes me that the tin
can was quite common for many years before the first can opener was
invented.

That is probably because at that time almost everybody carried a knife of
some type. The knives were the ultimate utility tool for countless
generations, until they became politically incorrect. Or many other
tools/modern conveniences rendered their general utility obsolete.

Can opener?
http://images.google.com/images?q=p38+can+opener&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GWYA&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

I still have - and use - my P-38 - from my last case of C-Rats in RVN.
It still works great!