Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Mike Mike is offline

Default Lab Workbench Ideas

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 04:56:54 GMT, "West" wrote:

I'm not sure if this post is OK for this NG but are there any good plans and
ideas for an electronics workbench? Perhaps someone built one that they're
proud of. Thanks in advance.

west

I don't have a picture for you, but I recently swapped my lab with my wifes sewing room.
My old bench was 40" front to rear and the bench I use now is 30". It doesn't sound like
much, but that made a big difference. With test equipment lined up along the back on shelves
there's little room left to work now, so keep that in mind as you design your layout. However
many outlets you think you need, double it and you should be ok. Be sure to put some outlets
along the front of the bench also. I have an outlet strip mounted on the front that is almost
square and has two places for wall warts, a circuit breaker, and an on/off switch. That has
been really handy. I also have a master shutoff switch that powers off the entire bench.

Mike

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I,
with my limited human mind, am able to recognize,
there are yet people who say there is no God.
But what really makes me angry is that they quote
me for the support of such views."
Albert Einstein (theoretical Physicist)