Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Need to replace Baseboard Heaters with ??

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Charlesmurphy via HomeKB.com" u35366@uwe wrote in message
So, is it a good idea to replace my standard base board heaters with this
Hydronic type?

It will give a more even heat in a drafty room. Certainly not a bad idea,
but it may be a bit more costly to buy. Over a number of years, it is
cheap.

Runs cooler. Last I looked 'regular' baseboards could cause fires if
drapes blocked the louvers and got inside against the element. IIRC the
NEC does not permit receptacles above 'regular' baseboards because the
cords go past baseboards that can get too hot. (Receptacles can be
mounted in a non-heating part of the baseboard on non-heating circuits.)

--
bud--