Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default OT- Sam's club

In article , Edwin Pawlowski
says...

"RobertPatrick" wrote in message

And why would anyone shop at a store where you have to pay to join?
Forget that.

I used to feel the same way, but then I found out why. Big savings. Butter
at my local super market is $4+a pound for name brand. At BJ's (similar to
Costco & Sam's) it is $1.88 for state brand, $2.29 for LoL. Cabot sharp
cheddar cheese is about $2 a pound cheaper. Filling a propane tank saves me
$5 or more each time. And the list goes on. Not to mention that the meat
quality is better than most supermarkets also.

For a long time I figured screw them, but that $50 membership is paid for in
a trip or two a year. Most of the club stores have one day passes so you
can check them out. Before you go, note the price of some things you buy on
a regular basis and then go compare. You won't replace the local market
100%, but you can go once in a while, stock up, save a bundle, then fill in
the blanks as needed.

Most items are larger sizes or in two packs. Some items are not as big a
savings. Everything is good quality though, event he store brands. Go with
an open mind and a bit of price knowledge and you can easily save that
membership cost in the first trip.

Yep. There are quality compromises in some items (clothes are crappy even if
they carry a brand; I don't care for Sam's Club prepared foods, some other kinds
of items are only available in one variety or in weird variety packs), but for
foods in bulk for freezing or storing, toiletries and OTC drugs, batteries,
paper goods, select CD's and DVD's, printer ink - many many huge discounts that
account for the membership fee in a trip or two. I make about four to six trips
a year.

Banty