Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S R D S is offline

Default Spectacle screws: How to stop them coming lose?

"Clot" wrote in message
S Viemeister wrote:
Clot wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
I don't see a name on them - just 'made in Austria'.
They're very lightweight, important for me due to a strong
prescription, and I _never_ have to retighten or replace scews.

If you could recall or use a magnifying glass that could be helpful
to me. I use varifocal plastic and have tried several different
styles of nose bridges, I do find the experience painful and wish to
minimise the load!

Looking at them more closely, under a magnifying glass, I see
'Silhouette' next to 'Made in Austria'.
They're completely frameless - the only metal bits are the temples and
the nose piece, which are attached directly to the lenses.

Thanks for that. It'll help me when on the lookout for the next set.

Silhouette are very good.

if you want to look at some alernatives before paying Silhouette prices
type:

lightweight hingeless screwless rimless

into Google and have a shop around.