Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Electrical socket problem

wrote:
On Mar 5, 11:11 pm, Nate Nagel wrote:

wrote:

Last night, we had a power outage. When the power came back on, we
noticed that the electrical sockets in our bathrooms did not work
anymore, as well as the lightbulb socket in the garage. They had all
been working prior to the power outage. The electrical sockets in the
other parts of the house are still working. We checked the circuit
breaker, and nothing was tripped. Any idea what is going on?

Do you have a GFCI outlet anywhere?

Yes, although we never use them. But since we have one or two of
those, what should we do?

one of those might have tripped when the power went out or came back on
(or an outlet somewhere might have gotten wet if you had a bad storm and
tripped the GFCI,) that would kill everything downstream of it. just
hit the reset button on all of them and see what happens.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel