Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Storage life of Quikrete?

they will not last indefinately. They will eventually (about a year
usually) absorb enough moisture to become a bag shaped rock.

"BobR" wrote in message
On Mar 5, 2:54 pm, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
How long does Quikrete (the quick-setting variety, for setting fence
posts), still in unopened bags, last? -- i.e., before it sets simply by
absorption of moisture from the atmosphere. I have some left over from a
project at least 6 months ago; AFAICT (without opening a bag), it's
still OK, but is it really?

Perce

Provided they are not stored in a wet area where they can absorb more
than just the humidity from the air, they should last indefinately.
The worst that humidy should do is form a very thin crust next to the
paper. I have used bags that were several years old and stored in a
garage in Houston without problems. And if you can find a more humid
place than that, I don't want to know.