Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT- Sam's club

George wrote:
It is pretty unusual to see a cash discount offered by a merchant that
accepts plastic because the merchant is bound by the merchant agreement
between them and the CC that doesn't allow cash discounts.

I don't know your definition of "pretty unusual" but I find it "pretty
common", most particularly at the gas pump.

Having never used CC except on the user end, not merchant, I've never
seen an actual merchant agreement to comment, but my experience
indicates it must not be a prohibited practice universally.