Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default Spectacle screws: How to stop them coming lose?

Richard wrote:
Graham. wrote:
What's the best way of locking them in that won't invalidate
your guarantee from the optician?
Why don't they do this for us?
If I don't tighten the screws on my varifocals on a
weekly basis the RH lens drops out!

And why can we not - since deregulation or whatever it was - now buy
frames that are made to fit our heads/ears/noses, i.e. with arms etc
of different sizes. My limited experience of buying glasses, having
had the same pair for over 10 years, is that one must hunt the
shelves to find a pair that fits rather than choosing a pair that one
likes and having them made to fit.

How I agree. The frustration I have in finding a comfortable pair at about
£350 a throw! However, I suspect that what we are wanting will provide
another opportunity for "New Designer fitted wonder Specs."

"I'm pleased that you find these comfortable. Our suppliers have gone to
get lengths to make these."

"That will be £450. Thank you, sir." !