Posted to uk.d-i-y
Anna Kettle[_2_] Anna Kettle[_2_] is offline

Default History of UK DIY?

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:55:37 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Who got it off the ground in the first place?

Don't know... John S was about then, he might...

I always assumed it was Matthew Marks.

Actually... 'twas I.

Must have been early-mid 90s - it predates the google archive a bit. It
was certainly before the WWW and commercial internet took off, and I
remember accessing it via a university mainframe.

In 1990 I was posting diy messages on uk.misc via a university
mainframe. I remember being really chuffed to get a response from
someone in the next door department

In 1991 I went to another job and didnt get regular internet access
again until 1993/4 and discovered that uk.d-i-y had appeared in the
meantime

Anna
--

~ ~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repair and conservation