Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default OT- Sam's club

On 03/05/08 02:44 pm George wrote:

N O wrote:
Sam's club doesn't take Visa? I wanted to join and buy some things but
they don't take Visa the lady said. I get 1% back and they end up paying
me 15 or more dollars a month, so I'm not changing to a sam's master
card.

Went cross the street to walmart and they take everything. I mentioned
it to the cashier and she said, no wonder people are buying 500 dollar
sam's gift cards..

I am no fan of Sams but I applaud their refusal to accept "rewards"
cards. I have no interest in paying more for merchandise to cover the
cost of someone's "rewards". I also think cash discounts are a great
idea but the banks prevent that but banning it in their merchant
agreements.

I think that was the intention of the card-issuers' agreements, but it
doesn't seem to work in practice. AIUI, the card issuers prohibited
merchants from charging more for using plastic, but they could *not*
prevent them from giving discounts for cash. I've seen gas stations
advertising a "cash only" price, and I've been to computer and ham radio
"flea markets" where vendors will advertise separate "cash" and "credit"
prices or will say, "If you pay cash, we'll pay the sales tax, but if
you want to use plastic, you'll have to pay the tax."

Perce