Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default "HeyBub" sniffs soiled undies was Removing non-stick

HeySchlub wrote:
jt august wrote:
"HeySchlub" wrote:

Don't wash wooden salad bowls either.

How, then, does one get salad dressing and other residues off salad
bowls? �Put them in the fireplace and season them? �Just kidding,
sorry, I couldn't resist. �But I am honestly curious how to clean
wooden salad bowls.

You don't get the dressings out. Just wipe the bowls. The oils and spices
from prior uses flavor subsequent salads with a unique palette of flavors
and aromas.

Yes, the lovely stench of rancidity... if you want your salad bowl to
stink you must be another one of those fetid dago slobs.

HeyBub has a soiled undies sniffing fetish.

If one insists on wooden salad bowls they'd best learn how they're
properly sealed and accept adhering to a regimen of high maintenence.
Products for protecting wooden kitchen implements are readily
available, essentially a paste of beeswax and mineral oil. A properly
maintained wooden salad bowl should harbor no odor whatsoever.
Anytime a restaurant serves my salad in a wooden bowl I send it back,
I'm not really interested in experiencing the scent glands of the
prior patrons.

Hey Schlub, get your stinky butt outta here, you filthy cross posting
douchebag.

SHELDON