Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default kid-proof, dog-proof, dirt-proof paint

In article ,
Rod wrote:
Victorian houses sometimes (frequently? rarely?) had a dado rail with a
form of anaglypta/embossed paper below the rail. This then painted with,
I imagine, a full set of under and top coats of oil-based paints.
Typically either creamy or a rich colour. Ended up hardly less tough
than tiles. And one of the absolute worst wall finishes to remove. As I
found out... Even tiles yield to SDS. :-)

Maybe a modern interpretation would work?

Mine has. And a 'vestibule'. Where the dog shakes himself after a wet
walk. I did the bit below the dado with carpet tiles. Although the floor
is hardwood. Works pretty well.

--
*On the other hand, you have different fingers*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.