Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Default kid-proof, dog-proof, dirt-proof paint

"K" wrote in message
. org...
In article ,
says...
Dado rail at 1 metre any old matt or silk vinyl emulsion below can then
wash
down touch up or repaint as necessary

maybe use darker colour below rail so marks are not as obvious and light
colour above to keep hall bright

There's already a dado rail and I'd considered different shades below
and above, but the colour needs to coordinate with the rooms off the
hall, plus the the colour will be carried through to the kitchen, which
means I've had to choose something that works with three different
floors (two tiled, one carpeted) and it's been difficult enough to
choose one colour, never mind two. Also the hall is long and narrow,
which I think would be emphasised by different shades top and bottom.
We're going with a taupe shade, which I hope will not show dirt too
easily - but it *will* get dirty, no matter what colour I use, so my
main consideration now is getting as resilient a paint as I can.

--
KVL

http://www.ryebrook.co.uk/wall_coatings.htm

Tony