Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What can you do with an arbor press?

Gerald Miller wrote:

They all call for custom tooling of course, but if you only plan to do
a few of that style you can make up your own tooling just fancy enough
to do what you need - light strap and angle steel and a few tack welds
to hold it all in position. As long as both halves stay parallel and
the thrust goes straight down, it works...

I did all the custom cables for Juniors "showpiece" computer with two
lengths of 1/4" Plexiglas hinged at one end, and a large pair of
channel locks.

We used a 1/2 ton arbor press to make IDC connectors at Microdyne.
The dip headers were the worst. They wanted to drill aluminum to clear
the pins, but I always used a stack of .1" perfboard. They had a couple
shelves full of tooling for the fifty or so different connectors we
used.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell