Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default Need to replace Baseboard Heaters with ??

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 20:57:58 GMT, Scott Townsend wrote:

So we have a guest house that had 20 year old 220v electric Baseboard
heaters. Flip a few on and watch the Meter Fly!

So I'm looking to replace them with either another baseboard unit, or a Wall
unit.

We have one of the portable radiator type fin units filled with oil and I
like the way it can still heat after the oil's been warmed up.

Do they make a Baseboard heater that I can Mount to the Wall that does
something Similar? I do not want a Portable unit, I want something Fixed.

Any Suggestions?

Scott-

My daughter has electric baseboard heat and the cost is not very high. In
fact it costs less to heat the 1900sf house than it does to heat their
1100sf trailer. However, the baseboard is only in the house addition. The
old part of the house is gas heat.