Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Spectacle screws: How to stop them coming lose?

Clot wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
I don't see a name on them - just 'made in Austria'.
They're very lightweight, important for me due to a strong
prescription, and I _never_ have to retighten or replace scews.

If you could recall or use a magnifying glass that could be helpful to me. I
use varifocal plastic and have tried several different styles of nose
bridges, I do find the experience painful and wish to minimise the load!

Looking at them more closely, under a magnifying glass, I see
'Silhouette' next to 'Made in Austria'.
They're completely frameless - the only metal bits are the temples and
the nose piece, which are attached directly to the lenses.