Posted to uk.d-i-y
somebody somebody is offline

Default Spectacle screws: How to stop them coming lose?

In message , Doki
writes

[snip]

them off. My bird used to work repairing glasses and most frames end up
knackered because people stretch at the hinges taking them off with one
hand.

I would suggest that if as you say, that taking them of with one hand is
what 'most' people do, then the frame manufacturers have failed to
provide a product which is even close to meeting 'most' of their
customer needs.

viz
Ford: Yeah we have a problem with people trying to start our cars.
Engineer: Well, thats their problem, they should know better.
/viz

I do not doubt your or your 'birds' view, and I do understand that
neither of you are the designers of such frames but I really don't
accept it is my fault. I'm right handed, it is how I was born.
Someone