Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Coldest winter in 15 years, Environment Canada says

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 09:21:21 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
James quickly quoth:

Blast from the past?
Last Updated: Friday, November 30, 2007 | 9:55 PM ET
CBC News
Not since the grunge era and Brian Mulroney's days as prime minister has
Canada
experienced a winter quite as bitter as the one expected to creep in this
December,
Environment Canada forecasted on Friday.

Damn that global warming(kumbaya).

Edmonton Sun, March 3, 2008:

"A winter that was forecasted to be the coldest in 15 years was actually
bookended by periods of unseasonably balmy temperatures.
"Environment Canada meteorologist Lisa Coldwells said although the middle of
the season - which isn't officially over until March 20 - was particularly
frigid, this winter has been warmer than average.

'"I think what happened is we had a later start to winter because it really
didn't start until the end of November, and then by the middle of February
it all changed again and we ended up breaking up that arctic air and pushing
it into Saskatchewan," said Coldwells.

"Last fall, Environment Canada was predicting most of Canada, including
Edmonton, would be locked in a La Nina weather effect with the coldest
weather seen in at least 15 years."

Better luck next time, Larry. d8-)

--

Ed Huntress