Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman Bruce L. Bergman is offline

Default What can you do with an arbor press?

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 13:03:15 -0600, Ignoramus32544
wrote:

Now that I have an arbor press, I am wondering what I can do with
it. The obvious use is "pressing bearings and gears", which is not
what I do that often.

Pressing insulation displacement cable connectors onto ribbon cable.
They all call for custom tooling of course, but if you only plan to do
a few of that style you can make up your own tooling just fancy enough
to do what you need - light strap and angle steel and a few tack welds
to hold it all in position. As long as both halves stay parallel and
the thrust goes straight down, it works...