Posted to alt.home.repair
Soso Soso is offline

Default Replacing door sill question

"Mikepier" wrote
I plan on replacing my front door when the weather gets a little
nicer. I might change out the sill. From what I understand it's just a
pressure treated 2X6. Do they sell a premade one in which the outer
edge is routed to give it a more rounded edge, or do I just by a 2X6
and route it out myself?

There are many older homes in my area. The sills were made from oak, that's
b/4 treated lumber came about.

The lumber yards sell oak sills, in various sizes (example 3'0"). They are
already routed, & have a bevel from the door, out. For water drainage. They
are slightly thicker than 1-1/2", though I can't remember the exact size.

It's been probably 5 years since I bought one, and they get a decent buck
for them.