Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Removing paint from crevices

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
wrote on Mon, 03 Mar 2008 00:35:37 -0800
in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 22:29:39 -0600, Ignoramus25173

On 2008-03-03, Gunner Asch wrote:
One must be careful when removing paint from large cast iron machine
tools. The rough castings are often Bondo'ed with some sort of filler
material, and if you get too burly getting off the piant, you are
likely to screw up the bondo under it.

In my case, there was no bondo.

It is indeed rather rough, I think that they ground the casting in
some places and left is as is in most places.

Its a freaking press. Give it a shot of primer, paint to suit and put
pin stripes on it in a complimentary color. Or flames or racing
stripes or have it chromed.

I think that it would be cool to make it look like a toy.

Paint TONKA on it in block letters

LOL.

Years ago, there was a railroad bridge down in Oregon, which had all
the usual graffiti. So the railroad came along and repainted. And
short afterwards, someone painted "Lionel" on the side. This was a
nice job, so I'm told, and the interesting thing - nobody ever painted
on that side, till the RR came back and repainted the bridge.

Now that was Art.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed