Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default One more law

Gerald Miller wrote:
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 01:15:07 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Had a friend, bran new fast car. Coming back to Tucson from SD,
there's a nice flat stretch of desert. So he's tooling down the
highway, and notices there's a cop car behind him, lights going. Looks
down - doing an excessive rate of speed, 90 plus. "oops" and pulls
over. He's all apologetic, road hypnosis, hadn't realized how fast
he'd speeded up, and blah, blah. Cop tells him that if he hadn't
slowed down, he would not have caught up to him. Said he'd been
clocked at around 140 earlier, "way out in front". Ooops. Let him go
with a warning, as I recall.
Dang, I can remember his face (big hair and mustache - it was
1974) but not his name. Long ago and far away.

Chap I knew slightly; to look at him, (short, bald, well worn clothes
in his early 60's) you would expect him to be driving a rusty Chevy
pickup with at least one fender held in place with baling wire; had
the first Toyota MR2 I had seen. I asked him how fast it would go and
he replied that he didn't know because the police quit following him
at 160.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Oh, kilometers!