Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³ RAM³ is offline

Default Removing paint from crevices

"Tom Gardner" wrote in
et:

"Pete C." wrote in message
Tom Gardner wrote:

"Ignoramus25173" wrote in
message ...
I bought a Famco 3R press today. $80 from Craigslist. According to
some eBay auction descriptions, it can do up to 4 tons of force.

It weighs, I would say, 170 lbs. It is about all I can lift by
myself. While it is in good physical shape, no major rust, etc,
its paint flaked off in about 3/4 of its area.

I decided to clean it up and repaint it. To that end, I removed
paint from easy to access areas using a 4" grinder and a cup
brush. That took care of 80% of paintable surface. However, that
left a lot of crevices uncleaned.

To clean, them, I am leaning towards visiting Harbor Freight and
buying some sandblasting gun and just sandblasting those places.

Would anyone have any suggestions here?

Also, what primer would you use to paint it.

I am kind of tempted to paint it in some fun color like red.

thanks

Impact Brush http://ohiobrush.com/Pages/powertool.html

Well, that's a nifty little toy. Kind of like a needle scaler, but
finer. What do those cost? It it in the official RCM shop brush pack?

The list is @$50 with one cartridge. The Cartridges are @$22. RCMers
get a 40% off. This is my first patent, almost 20 years ago.
Apparently it was nifty enough for the Russians to steal.

How much for the [10125?/10124?] kits?