Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Removing paint from crevices

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 22:29:39 -0600, Ignoramus25173

On 2008-03-03, Gunner Asch wrote:
One must be careful when removing paint from large cast iron machine
tools. The rough castings are often Bondo'ed with some sort of filler
material, and if you get too burly getting off the piant, you are
likely to screw up the bondo under it.

In my case, there was no bondo.

It is indeed rather rough, I think that they ground the casting in
some places and left is as is in most places.

Its a freaking press. Give it a shot of primer, paint to suit and put
pin stripes on it in a complimentary color. Or flames or racing
stripes or have it chromed.

I think that it would be cool to make it look like a toy.

Paint TONKA on it in block letters

Put Hakie's picture on it. Nothing else could make it look more like
a toy.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell