Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default OT - PC Speakers

Richard Perkin wrote:
Davao wrote in
:

I have an old altec lansing speakers from the first dell I bought
..er 10 years ago.
Every sound that comes out of them now has BRRRR sound every 10 to
15 seconds.
Is it time to junk them or is it a virus or something?

Not a fix I'm afraid, but if you do decide to replace them I can
thoroughly recommend the Aego M speakers. Bought mine a couple of weeks
ago from Amazon.

Not cheap - and I now see the price has gone up by �26!!! - but they
really are astonishingly good. Aside from the excellent sound quality,
they can produce incredibly loud, neighbour annoying, gut thumping
bass, if you're into that kind of thing...

I bought some (not sure of model designation) and there are the best of
the class (PC speakers) I have ever heard. And if you go to their
website, they sometimes have some at very much reduced prices for one
reason or another. (Damn, if I tell you that, they will have sold out
when I want some more.)

--
Rod