Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Bosch vs. Festool vs. Fein sanders and vacs

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 20:35:44 GMT, "Tony Jester"
wrote:

My other dilema is the dust extractor. Festool CT Mini, CT Midi, CT 22 vs.
Fein Turbo II. I like the outward design of the Festool models, but the
Fine _seems_ like the winner based on noise. 72 db vs. 57.8 db is a big
difference. Has anyone heard them both? Is there really that much
difference between them?

You can get cheap third party HEPA filters that fit the Fein, I don't
know about the Festool. You'll need an adapter between the Fein and
Festool sanders.

-Leuf