Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Bosch vs. Festool vs. Fein sanders and vacs

On Mar 2, 3:35*pm, "Tony Jester" wrote:
Hi.
I have A LOT of sanding to do, including the entire timberframe of my house,
plus hundreds of square feet of 1X4 T&G fir we're using on an inside wall.
All this sanding is going to be done INSIDE an almost finished house, so
dust would be a big problem. *I think a 6" random orbital sander would be
the best choice and am considering the Festool RO150 and the Bosch 1250
DEVS. *I'm sure they both do a go job of sanding, but is one better in terms
of ease of use? *If one was even slightly less tiring to use, I'd go for
that considering how many hours I'm going to be spending using it.

My other dilema is the dust extractor. *Festool CT Mini, CT Midi, CT 22 vs.
Fein Turbo II. *I like the outward design of the Festool models, but the
Fine _seems_ like the winner based on noise. *72 db vs. 57.8 db is a big
difference. *Has anyone heard them both? *Is there really that much
difference between them?

I would sincerely appreciate any help from those who have experience with
the different models. *Thanks!

-Tony-

I have invested in both Fein and Festool. Fein makes an 8" sander
which is in a class by itself. Lightweight, aggressive and reliable.
It does one job for me; on-site solid surface seams when my big sander
can't get under the upper cabinets.

My main sanders, aside from my 15"/4 pad sander are now exclusively
Festool.
The vacs are now Fein with a CT 22 Festool in back-up.
The Fein vacs have massive capacity and keep sucking even when the
bags are almost full. The bags (at least here in Canada) are cheaper
too.
The Feins also can be used as wet vacs.... and quieter too.

So there you have it. Festool Rotex sanders and Fein suckers.

But that's just lil' ol' me.