Posted to rec.woodworking
toolman946 via CraftKB.com toolman946 via CraftKB.com is offline

Default Bosch vs. Festool vs. Fein sanders and vacs

Hi Tony,

I've used the Bosch 1250 DEVS extensively and I've been very pleased with its
performance. I've not used the Festool but in comparing features as found on
the internet you'll see that the Bosch (6.5 amps) is rated at slightly more
power than the Festool (6.0 amps). It's only marginally heavier (.03 lbs) but
that shouldn't even be noticeable. The Bosch is rugged and powerful with a
"soft-start" system that reduces fatigue from torque at start-up. "Constant
Response" circuitry maintains power under varying loads. I don't use a vacuum
with my sanders but I found this image of the Bosch sander married to a Fein
vac:

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...efeinbosch.jpg

The Bosch sander is considerably less expensive than the Festool (almost 1/2
the cost) and the savings will purchase a lot of sanding disks.

I have quite a few Bosch power tools (11) and I've never had any durability
or performance issues with any of them.

That's my 2 cents.

Cheers.

Michael