jim rozen

Default copper plumbing

In article , Harry Conover
says...

Actually the only time that I now use compression fitting on 1/2" or
3/4" copper is where I need to install a cut-off valve up close to a
finished wall, where due to the proximiity of a finished or
combustable surface, the use of a torched sweated fitting is
impossible or impractical.

Heh. Then you're not a real plumber. A *real* plumber takes a
claw hammer, bashes out the drywall or peels away the moulding,
runs the joint, and then says 'you better get a carpenter in
here to fix that up. I don't do carpentry - I'm a plumber.'

Either that or they just torch the joint anyhow, and keep
a bucket of water handing if the smoldering wood happens
to burst into flames. Does that look ugly when he's done?
Sure, but 'ya can't see it from his house....'

Jim

please reply to: