Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
T.Alan Kraus T.Alan Kraus is offline

Default One more law

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 17:55:58 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

I have to admit I've never gotten out in front of my cars with the fog
lights on to see what they look like, comin' attacha. Of course, I don't use
them except in snow, heavy rain or fog anyway (and only rarely then), so it
hasn't mattered to me. But now I'm curious. I'll see what it looks like.

Drive up to your garage some night and turn 'em on. You'll see where
they point in relation to the low and high beams. For fog, the amber
beams must be aimed low to avoid highlighting the fog like the high
beams do. They can be used safely, if properly aimed (which 90%
aren't) with traffic around.

Driving light, OTOH, must be aimed high to show you what your high
beams can't beam out to. All oncoming traffic would be blinded by them
when properly aimed.

Hey, as a deterrent, howzbout someone building and selling us a nice
little taser unit which disables (like the police units they're
testing) the oncoming vehicle which blinded us? A side-shot from the
rear of the vehicle would blast it and force them to the side of the
road. Instant Karma!

(Don, got some time in between LED bike light manufacturing tasks?)

--
An idealist believes the short run doesn't count. A cynic believes
the long run doesn't matter. A realist believes that what is done

Polarizers on the driving lights, and crosspolarizers on windshields! An
idea I have had for along time, but wouldn't know how to implement
universally.

cheers
T.Alan