Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default One more law

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 01:25:27 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 10:21:09 -0800, "T.Alan Kraus"
wrote:

When talking about driving, a majority envisions driving on freeways and
forgets the enormous amount of divided secondary and rural roads. Where
I live, these roads are in the majority and also curvy and variably
shaded by trees. There is a constant light play and driving with lights
on affords a few milliseconds of recognition advantage to the other car
driver. It is amazing how many driving silver or green painted cars
blend so well into the pavement or sourroundings. To old eyes like mine,
if their headlights are on, they become immediately very visible.

cheers
T.Alan

Today at the westbound Pasadena 210 split, I nearly nailed an elderly
woman in a tan car, who pulled out in front of me at about 5mph from
the slow lane to the hot lane, not bothering to check her mirrors. My

Headlights only work for the sighted, Gunner.

--snip--
Its the little old lady from pasadena
Go granny, go granny, go granny go
Got a pretty little flower bed of white gardenias
Go granny, go granny, go granny go
But parked in her rickety old garage
Is a brand new shiny red super-stock dodge

And everybodys saying theres nobody meaner
Than the little old lady from pasadena
She drives real fast and she drives real hard
Shes a terror out on colorado boulevard

Its the little old lady from pasadena
--snip--

headlights WERE on and I had to swerve into the next lane, fortunately
empty. I was traveling at around 50mph , hauling a trailer with about
1000s of Stuff on it, the roads were slick and if Id locked em up..it
would have been a hell of a go round as the trailer and truck swapped
ends in 8 lanes (one way) of traffic.

That tends to get messy, doesn't it?

When I went by..I gave her the fickle finger of fate, a long blast of
the horn, and noticed the red temporary handicapped plate hanging from
her mirror..an her chatting on the cell phone. Im surprised they give
those that badly retarded drivers licenses.

What kind of pulse will kill a cell phone? Maybe one of the
ex-electronics experts here can come up with a phone disgronifier so
we can all make the streets around us safer places to be, without the
idiots on cell phones threatening at every intersection and beyond.

--
An idealist believes the short run doesn't count. A cynic believes
the long run doesn't matter. A realist believes that what is done