Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Just received my Gas Bill from British Gas.

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 14:41:54 +0000 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

I don't write cheques unless there is no alternative organisation from
which to make a purchase. Last year I wrote two. This year, I hope
not to write any. They aren't necessary and are a distinct
disadvantage to the consumer.

Why?

[snip]

Those are six good reasons that I won't do business unless absolutely
avoidable by means of a cheque.

You gave six reasons why a customer may not wish to use one.

My question was why a business would want to turn a customer away
simply because of their preference in ways of paying.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh