Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default One more law

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 03:01:04 GMT, Michael Gray
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:20:00 -0800, Robin S. wrote:

Max limit in France seems to be about 130 km/h, and (surprise) everyone
drives at 130 km/h in good weather - just like they do here! (Canadian
freeway speed limit is 100km/h)

In Alberta somewhat more at 110 km/h and on the #1 in BC too.

Mind you, German roads are kept in fantastic condition.

As are the roads on Alberta, wish I could say the same for BC - especially
in the North, but then we're beyond Hope :-) BCer's joke.

Apparently the autobahn asphalt is roughly twice as thick as our freeways
are. You really notice the difference at 160km/h in a hatchback.

MIke in BC

Since last fall, around here, if you're caught driving 50km/hr. over
the limit, it costs you $2000.00 and you lose the car and your licence
for a week - if it's a rental car, you get to pay an extra week
rental; if it's your mothers car, she gets to walk along side you
unless she can borrow daddy's car.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada