Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod LRod is offline

Default rust removal revisited - miter slots?

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 14:00:12 -0800, mac davis
wrote:

Ok.. followed the excellent and argued over instructions here and did the TS top
with my pad sander and Scotchbbrite pads..

It looks pretty good now and has 3 layers of Topcoat on it..

OTOH, the miter slots still have rust in them..
Any tips/tricks before I try reinventing the wheel?

I tried using PSA paper on my cutoff sled runners and that was a real mess..lol

Whatever you do, DO NOT run your fingers down the miter slot to clean
out dust or swarf. Especially don't do it twice. DAMHIKT.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.