Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Just received my Gas Bill from British Gas.

In message , Tony Bryer
writes
On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 14:41:54 +0000 Andy Hall wrote :
- Because requiring cheques indicates that the supplier is perhaps out
of date with use of modern EFT and may have a similarly slow customer
service attitude

BACS works fine most of the time but not all customers are equal to it.
We print our BACS details on every invoice and some less than bright
councils still write to us to ask for them. Others transmit the payments
with a cryptic reference such as KLWN or Payments Account - fortunately
we're small enough to be able to guess most of these from the amount.

Except that e.g. CityLink use ACL

.... ACL (a pneumatics company who we use from time to time) are just
around the corner from me

took a while to think that one through

--
geoff